So, apparently there is this award called the “Liebster Award”. It’s an award where bloggers nominate other blogs and answer questions. The idea is to market your blog and attempt to get your name around. You need to have less than 200 followers and accept the award, answer questions, and nominate 5-11 other blogs for the award.
I have been blessed to be nominated by The Artistic Christian for this award. I appreciate your following my blog and the thought of nominating me for this award. Thank you!
The rules that I need to follow for this award are as follows:
- Link Back to the Blog that nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Answer Questions posted by you from your nominator
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Create 11 Questions for your nominees to answer
- Contact your nominees and let them know you’ve nominated them
My Answers for The Artistic Christian:
- What is your absolute favorite book?
So, it’s funny because I really like writing, but I’m actually not a huge reader. Reading has always been really challenging for me. When I do read, I enjoy reading books that are practical or non-fiction. I’m going to take the opportunity to promote one of my good friends’ book, With by Skye Jethani. He has written a new book titled Futurville, but I can’t consider it my favorite since I haven’t read it yet. But his book With challenges our view of God, how we relate to him and how we live our life with him. Skye describes four incorrect postures that evangelical Christians tend to lean towards, and how we should consider a posture of being with God. To continue on my soapbox about Skye Jethani, the man is an incredible speaker. I have been very blessed by him and his family, especially his wife Amanda, and getting to know their kids. He’s challenging, but not condescending or condemning. He speaks in clear words that don’t make me feel stupid but he’s very relatable and encouraging. I also enjoyed the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge talking about being a Christian woman and what it means to relate to God.
- If you could trade lives with any fictional character, which would it be?
I didn’t realize these questions would be so challenging… Anyways. I’m going to be honest I can’t think of any fictional characters I’d want to trade lives with. I’m sure that answer won’t suffice. But honestly, all of the fictional characters I can think of I enjoy because I love laughing at them. For example, I love Parks and Recreation. But I would hate working at the Parks District especially of the tiny town of Pawnee. Then I was like “O, my favorite movie is Baby Mama, maybe I’d like to be Angie, but I don’t think I’d enjoy being a surrogate mother. Then I was trying to think of other fictional characters that I’d possibly enjoy trading lives with, but none came to mind. I’d love to just keep my own life, I’m sorry if that’s a cop out answer. I gave you my train of thought 🙂
- If you could star in any reality television program, which would it be?
It would be my own reality tv show! I am actually not a huge fan of reality TV. But that also sounds like a cop out. I apologize in advance for not actually answering your questions…
- Fondest childhood memory?
Making igloos with my dad and sister during the winter time. Also, when it rained a lot, our grass drainage system was weird, so the water would bubble up and create mounds of jiggly grass that my sister and I loved to play around. Until my sister poked holes through the grass and therefore popped all the possibility of it ever happening again. But it was a fun memory!
- Favorite dessert?
O that’s a hard question too. I love all desserts, except super, extremely rich flavors such as raspberries and chocolate. I am also picky about the type of frosting on cakes. It has to be smooth and not too sugar based. I also love breakfast foods for dinner, which is neither answering your question or relating to it. But that’s a random fact.
- Dog person or Cat person?
Dog person for sure. I think that cats are a form of the devil. Ya I’m probably wrong, but that’s what I feel.
- Favorite holiday?
I just realized this year that my favorite holiday is probably New Years. I used to say Christmas, but when I realized how materialistic, stressful, and self-centered the holiday was I decided I no longer liked it. Not to say I don’t enjoy celebrating Jesus’ birth, because I do.
- If you could be given any super power, which would you choose? Either teleportation… or… actually I think that’s it. There’s nothing else that seems actually as satisfying as my first thoughts of them. For example, I was like “Mind-reading. No that would be overwhelming. Time Travel. Well, If I traveled in time, I would be stuck to do whatever decisions I made, or else it would drastically change my future, and therefore Time travel is non-existent and not possible, so no. Telling the future. But then I would be stressed out about what is going to happen because what if I don’t like what I know?”… my thoughts.
- If you knew you were about to be stranded on a desert island, what one item could you simply not live without?
I’ll be honest, I would struggle greatly being stranded on a desert island. I want to say my Bible, because that’s the good Christian answer right? But I believe that God would be with me no matter what, and he can reveal himself to me however he wants, without the Bible. But for the sake of the question, the Bible.
- If you could time travel, which historical moment would you try to change?
If you’re asking if I read these questions before I wrote my answer to the superpower question, I didn’t. But this is funny. I’ll just restate what I said before. I probably wouldn’t want to change any historical moment, because that would drastically change the world we currently live in. And therefore I wouldn’t actually know what I was getting myself into.
- What made you decide to start blogging?
My good friend enjoyed reading and hearing my stories. And so I began blogging originally. But now, I’m blogging because I have a lot of thoughts floating around in my mind. And blogging is a good want to clarify my thoughts, state them in an expressive way, and share my ideas and myself with people.
11 Random Facts:
( I have random facts on my [about] page, just fyi, but here are some more).
1. I grew up in a half-Christian home
2. I like Sushi, only partially because I’m Japanese
3. I go to a Christian Missionary Alliance church called “Blanchard Alliance Church” and I love it.
4. I’ve played pretty much every sport possible from field hockey to soccer to swim team to softball to volleyball.
5. In high school I was a solid beast, but I thought I was fat. I didn’t realize what fat was until I came to college and realized it was jiggly.
6. I’m a hard worker in many areas of my life. In high school when I was conditioning for softball, our team trainer told me I am one of the hardest workers he’s ever seen.
7. I didn’t drink a lick of alcohol until after I turned 21 (is that not normal?)
8. I’ve been to a secular private all girls school, public school, and private christian school, and I am thankful for my diverse education.
9. I love improvising on my cello and making up music.
10. I refused to be home schooled in middle school.
11. Someone came up to me in TJ Maxx speaking Spanish to me because she thought I was Latina.
Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is one lesson you’ve learned in the past year?
2. How have you changed/grown in the past 5 years?
3. Sorry about the serious questions, I’ll lighten up. What is your favorite sport/activity/hobby besides blogging or writing?
4. What do you do when you have free time (again besides write or blog)?
5. Why did you start blogging or writing and what do you enjoy about it?
6. Who is someone you have always looked up to as a role model and why?
7. Which of your posts is your favorite and why? (you should provide a link too!)
8. What is your Myers-Briggs personality?
9. What are some of your pet peeves?
10. If you could change anything about the world and how it operates, what would you change?
11. What are three things your thankful for in your life?
My Nominees: (I could only think of four)
Abby J Reed (abbyjreed.com)
Forbes Talley (forbestalley.wordpress.com)
from the start (johannaed.wordpress.com)